Haven't downloaded the Zoom client yet?
Zoom Webinar Event Host & Co-Host
Guest Panelist Speakers
Administrator On Panelist
Click/Touch Images For Profile
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR GUEST SPEAKERS WHO HAVEN'T YET SUBMITTED THEIR PROFILE PHOTOS AND BIOGRAPHIES
Kindly visit our submission page for more information. This page is also useful for those individuals who will be having presentations recorded in advance as they will not be available during the event.SUBMISSION INFORMATION
WE ARE LOOKING FOR 10 VIDEO TESTIMONIALS FROM ATTENDEES TO BE SUBMITTED AFTER THE EVENT
Click/touch the button below to access our information page. If you are interested in submitting a video testimonial, you can also register your interest in advance by using the website contact form.SUBMISSION INFORMATION
ZOOM Webinar Setup Guide For Participants
To help you get the most of our forthcoming event, a user-friendly, a stress-free, concise guide for Zoom Webinar, shown below, has been created. The Zoom client will have different functions for various user groups:
- Host/Co-Host: will control the flow of the Zoom webinar by inviting speakers, conducting polls and so forth.
- Panelist Members: Will periodically be spotlighted on video during their event talks.
- Attendees: Will have the simplest Zoom interface controls and won't be on camera unless invited by the host/co-host for specific purposes such as Q&A sessions. Chat can be enabled and disabled for attendees as necessary by the host/co-host.
Click/Touch Images For Larger View Of Control (best viewed on laptop/desktop/tablet)
IMPORTANT AUDIO/VIDEO NOTE
- The host or co-host can at his/her discretion promote an attendee at some point during the event to be a panelist member temporarily so that they can turn on their camera and/or microphone to be spotlighted for the audience.
- When this happens the control panel on Zoom for the attendee becomes that of a panelist member automatically
- Everyone is advised to test both microphones and cameras prior to the event.
- Use of this feature will depend on timing and the flow of the event. The above feature in addition to the Q&A text option available to all attendees.
Start/stop their own video
Important Info For Everyone
Set your Profile Photo in the Installed Zoom client before the Event
- Host, Co-host, Panelist Members, Attendees: Please take time to set up a profile picture of yourselves on the Zoom client for a better visual experience of the webinar.
- To do this, open up your Zoom client BEFORE the event, from the Zoom menu/taskbar select Preferences and the Profile.
- This setup will also make identification of the various panelist members easier, when they may periodically turn off their camera for the host and co-host. Zoom resorts to using the profile picture when no live camera is on.
- Panelist members: Profile pictures for you are available for distribution from Valerie. Use these during your practice sessions.
Tips for Event Panelists
Making the most out of your Presentation
- Lighting and Camera Setup: Use diffused lighting to optimal video delivery. This will reduce the chance of shadows. Positioning your camera (where possible) at eye level will ensure a better connection to the audience). Aim to use a clutter free background.
- Sound/Audio: A headset, lavalier microphone, or table microphone as it will lead to better sound quality than using your computer audio. It is important to turn off your sound notifications on your computer from other things that maybe running in the background.
- Good Internet Connection: Check your internet connection speeds before the event. Where possible use an ethernet cable for the most stable connection. If you are presenting from home, it is advisable to turn off other video streaming services that others might use to ensure good upload speeds.
- Other applications/Sharing Screen: For live presentations, close other applications on your computer so that audio notifications do not appear during your presentation to be heard by others. Have the files you are going to share opened in advance for a smooth transition. It is advised you share your specific application such as Powerpoint, Keynote, Media player like VLC player and not your Desktop which may contain sensitive information.
- Clothing/Dress: Darker colour shirts/blouses appear always better on camera. Kindly avoid plaid or patterned outfits, this will allow your camera to deliver a better picture quality.
- Avoid Using Zoom Virtual Backgrounds: It is requested that live animated Zoom virtual backgrounds feature be turned off (this can be found in preferences - under backgrounds and filters) for a more focused presentation. Where possible for optimal visual clarity, the best option is to have a clutter free background while on camera.
- DIY Zoom practice sessions: A lot of you might already be familiar with presenting on Zoom which is great.For panelist members not familiar with Zoom, there are a lot of short video tutorials on Youtube that go over the basics of how Zoom works. Knowing this in advance of the practice sessions, will allow your host and co-host to focus on more pressing requirements. You can access this 12 minute tutorial on YouTube by clicking HERE.
Important Info For Attendees
what happens before Webinar starts On the Big Day?
- If you are an attendee and you get to the webinar early by clicking your invitation link, you will see the screen shown below. Kindly wait for the host to start the event.
- During this time, the host, co-host and panellists are adding the final touches for the big moment during the practice session mode.
- The host may start the meeting a few minutes early to play a promotional looping video in which case you won't see the screen below.
- Be sure to keep your Zoom invitation emails safely as you will need these to access the webinar. All event participants must install the Zoom client before the event date to ensure a smooth transition to the webinar.
- It is good practice to get to the webinar a few minutes early to check your internet connection is working, also use the test my speaker feature on the Zoom client for optimal audio. Incase for any technical reason you don't see the webinar start, just close the window below (if it appears), close the zoom client and hit the link in your email to re-establish connection to view the webinar.
- Please ensure you are not logged into your Zoom client with an email address other than the one sent for your registration to eliminate any conflicts/issues.
Waiting for the host to start this webinar
Start at 9:30am
SCPS MAY WEBINAR
If you are the host, sign in to start this meeting
SCPS Zoom Webinar Host/Co-host controls
During the event, the host will be able to use his/her unique Zoom hosting features to enable various features during the webinar. The chart below provides a quick overview which can be skimmed through by general panelists and attendees.
Ask panelist to start video
Promote attendee to panelist
Demote from panelist to attendee
Change who the attendees can chat with
Assign Co-host Permission
Invite others to join webinar
Zoom Webinar Training Video For Host/Co-host
- Host/Co-Host: Short 40 minute video (content beyond 27 minutes 11 seconds not important) covering controls for the webinar on the Zoom client. Time stamps (in minutes) denotes time in video where highlighted topics begin.
- Panelists: can skim through the video for an insight into how the host will conduct the webinar with panelists and attendees.
- Attendees: can skip this video, as the controls described will be enabled for the host/co-host primarily.
Use Practice Mode
Distinguish Chat vs Q&A Panel
Share Content & Launch Polls