Salary:£44,706 to £50,296 per annum (pro rata)
Placed On:12th April 2022
Closes:9th May 2022
The lecturer in Clinical Perfusion will be based in the Department of Translational Health Sciences within Queens’ Building of the Bristol Royal Infirmary hospital, a cross-disciplinary teaching, clinical and laboratory environment.
The lecturer will make a significant contribution to the Bristol Medical School teaching, predominantly by playing a major role in the development, leadership, and delivery of the MSc in Perfusion Science and by contributing to other postgraduate and undergraduate programmes where appropriate.
This role requires the post holder to devote 0.2FTE for teaching and related administrative activities. A blended and flexible working approach is possible including some sessions working from home.
What will you be doing?
- Play a key role in our postgraduate teaching programmes, in particular the MSc in Perfusion Science, through acting as unit lead for at least one 20 credit units in this programme and supervising research projects
- Develop and delivery of teaching material and assessments, ensuring relevance and current content of teaching material and assessments for clinical perfusion trainees using a variety of formats, including case-based learning, practical’s, tutorials, simulation sessions, workshops, lectures
- Inspire students and enhance their career development through innovative teaching, mentoring and personal tutoring
- Perform research and publish influential research outcomes and review articles in peer-reviewed journals.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the Bristol Medical School and the wider Bristol Heart Institute community to facilitate high-quality teaching
- Collaborate with Society Clinical Perfusion Scientists to enhance teaching development and delivery.
- Perform administrative and managerial duties as agreed with the Programme Director/line manager
You should apply if
- You are an accredited Clinical Perfusionist in Great Britain and Ireland and SCPS member.
- You have extensive clinical perfusion science experience.
- You have a broad knowledge of clinical perfusion.
- You are passionate about teaching and are an innovative teacher with experience of teaching on undergraduate and/or postgraduate taught programmes and supervision of undergraduate and/or postgraduate project students.
- You have experience of teaching online for distance learning programmes.
- You have a keen interest in training clinical perfusion science trainees.
- You are great at building strong, effective relationships with people from different teams and sectors to enable collaborative research and teaching.
Nice to have:
Previous experience in:
- Development and delivery of teaching and assessment material and programmes.
- Supervision and training of students and staff to enable their career progression.
- Research experience and publication of research and/or review articles on clinical perfusion science
- Collaborations with external partners.
- Team and/or project management and research governance.
Contract type: Open ended
Work pattern: Part time / 0.2 FTE
Grade: K / Pathway 3
School/Unit: Bristol Medical School
Shift pattern: 7 hours per week
For informal enquiries and additional information please contact Professor Sarah George: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applications from all members of our community and are particularly encouraging those from diverse groups, such as members of the LGBT+ and BAME communities, to join us.